My wonderful, light-hearted and clever husband might just kill me for posting the following. But to my defense, this post was inspired by the site, http://www.mamakatslosinit.com who sends out weekly writing prompts to those of us in dire need of fresh, compelling topics on which to compose our prose.
An Argument in 15 lines or Less
- Him: You snore. I love you but your snoring is unbearable!
- Me: I know I snore. I can’t help it. It’s my allergies.
- Him: I don’t care what’s causing it. You need to do something.
- Me: Actually, I had that sleep study done a few weeks ago and I just saw the doctor.
- Him: Oh? And what did he say? Do you need surgery?
- Me: He said that it’s an option. He wants to chop off that u-thingy that hangs in the back of my throat.
- Him: Cool. What does that thing do anyway?
- Me: Not the point. I don’t want to have that u-thingy amputated
- Him: Can you really call it an amputation? I mean, it could be kind of cool not to have one right?
- Me: Well, it must do something otherwise humans wouldn’t have one right?
- Him: You would stop snoring and that would be good too.
- Me: It’s an amputation! I can’t believe you want me to get a part of my body amputated! And I could die because I would have to go under general anesthesia.
- Him: I’ll tell you what, if you have that u-thingy removed, then I will too. We could have dual amputations, okay?
- Me: You’d do that for me?
- Him: Yes. Anything to get some sleep. Now, please STOP SNORING!
Looking back. It really was a funny conversation. Hopefully, we won’t get to the point where I will need major surgery.